AIR is currently seeking a Finance and Administration (F&A) Manager to join our International Development Division (IDD).USAID/India anticipates releasing a request for proposal for the five-year, Accelerating the US-India Partnership Platform (APP) Activity. The APP Activity will be a central Mission platform for integrating collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) throughout the design and implementation of USAID/India s activities and ensuring that development activities funded by USAID/India achieve their intended results through strong performance management. The APP Activity is anticipated to support USAID/India by 1) designing and implementing rigorous evaluations and assessments, 2) providing technical assistance to USAID/India implementing partners and local organizations in performance management, and 3) building Mission, implementing partner, and local organization capacity to integrate CLA into ongoing and future Mission activities. The is a full-time position based in Delhi, India with regular travel throughout the country. This is a proposal position and is contingent upon award.
Established in 1946, with headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, AIR is a nonpartisan, not-for-profit institution that conducts behavioral and social science research and delivers technical assistance to solve some of the most urgent challenges in the U.S. and around the world. We advance evidence in the areas of education, health, the workforce, human services, and international development to create a better, more equitable world.
AIR s commitment to diversity goes beyond legal compliance to its full integration in our strategy, operations, and work environment. At AIR, we define diversity broadly, considering everyone s unique life and community experiences. We believe that embracing diverse perspectives, abilities/disabilities, racial/ethnic and cultural backgrounds, styles, ages, genders, gender identities and expressions, education backgrounds, and life stories drives innovation and employee engagement. Learn more about AIR's Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Strategy and hear from our staff by clicking here.
The responsibilities for the position include:
- The Finance and Administration (F&A) Manager will be responsible for managing all administrative and accounting staff and finance and accounting procedures for the project office in New Delhi.
- S/he is responsible for providing ongoing analysis and monitoring of the project s financial performance and budget by component; producing accurate and timely financial reports, analyses, and forecasts; identifying areas of budgetary concern; and reconciling project accounting and providing back-up documentation for all financial transactions to AIR's home office on a monthly basis.
- The F&A Manager will be responsible for processing monthly payroll and corresponding deductions required for income tax withholding and social security; remitting employer s and employees payments to appropriate local agencies (Social Security Administration, Tax Department) in accordance with local law; and maintaining a log of all amounts paid for social security and tax purposes by employee and by month clearly indicating employer and employee contribution. S/he will monitor and disburse payments to vendors and will review all staff and consultant expense reports ensuring compliance with USAID regulations and authorized expenditures.
Education, Knowledge, and Experience:
- BS/BA in Accounting, and/or equivalent work experience, Masters preferred.
- 6 plus years of experience with auditing, invoicing, and payroll, preferably on USAID-funded programs;
- Proven command of USAID accounting procedures and regulations;
- Previous knowledge of electronic accounting systems required, with excellent computer spreadsheet/word processing skills;
- Proven ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with staff members, visitors, and the general public;
- Excellent ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team, to exercise good, professional judgment that reflects positively on the image of the project, AIR and USAID.
- Strong facilitation, networking, and team management skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication and outstanding interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated attention to details and expertise in organizational and prioritization skills;
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
AIR adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks.