Position: Endoscopy Registered Nurse
Sub Specialty(s): Endoscopy Nurse
Schedule: M-F (Days with varying start times)
An Endoscopy Registered Nurse is in charge of assisting physicians when performing endoscopic procedures. As a nurse, it is also essential to help patients by responding to their inquiries and concerns, monitoring vital signs and behaviour, administering medication, and observing any side effects from the sedatives or anaesthetics.
Department & Skill highlights
- RN must be proficient in interventional cases (ERCP, EUS)
- COVID Vaccination status with travelers profile
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilizes the nursing process and collaborates with interdisciplinary team members in caring for patients.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques, policies and procedures, standards of care, and State laws/practice act.
- Documents according to standards of care.
- Develops initiates and executes a patient plan of care according to the individualised needs of the patient, as prescribed by Physician and/or hospital policy including patient and family instruction.
- Participates in department or unit performance improvement activities, may include shared governance.
- Utilizes clinical expertise & guidance to other units/departments in support of the patient s longitudinal plan of care.
- Utilizes critical thinking in regards to patient safety and patient experience and appropriately escalates to the appropriate chain of command.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- BSN preferred.
- Current IL RN license by the IL Dept. of Professional Regulation (IDFPR)
- Current CPR certification
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
State License Details: Must Be Currently Active Minimum Years of Experience: Less than 1 year