RD Nutrition Consultants is seeking a full-time Bariatric Registered Dietitian (40% Remote)
Position works 3 days on-site, up to 2 days remote.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
Assignment Length: 8 weeks
The Clinical Dietitian provides medical nutrition therapy in compliance with current Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND), Standards of Practice (SOP), and Standards of Professional Performance (SOPP).
Develops, implements, maintains and evaluates a comprehensive nutritional services program for bariatric surgery patients.
This includes but is not limited to pre-surgical insurance evaluations, assisting with weight management visits in preparation for surgery, postoperative dietary follow-ups and/or weight regain visits and aiding with the interdisciplinary approach of discussing surgical readiness of patients with team members.
- Bachelors Degree in Food and Nutrition, Dietetics, Human Nutrition or equivalency required.
- Masters degree in dietetics preferred.
- 1 2 years previous clinical experience with patients throughout the aging continuum preferred.
- Experience in health promotion and program development preferred.
- Experience with and advocate of carbohydrate restriction for the pre-op and postoperative Bariatric patient.
- Registered Dietitian (RD) or Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) required.
- Knowledge of The Joint Commission requirements.
- Knowledge of current Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Nutrition Care Process.
- Skill in planning, delegation, time-management, and problem-solving.
- Skill in performing nutritional calculations based on body weight, age, lab values, and clinical status.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Skill in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook applications.
- Skill in electronic medical record documentation.
- Strong verbal communication skills for positive interaction with staff and patients.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to interpret lab results as related to nutritional status of patients.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend various written reports and documents.
- Requires the ability to provide transportation to other campus and/or work-related locations within a reasonable timeframe.
Qualifications: Bachelor s degree in Nutrition, Dietetics, or related field Registered Dietitian (RD) with the American Dietetic Association One of the following: Master s degree in Nutrition, Dietetics, or related field (EDUHRUSE) Board Certified Specialist in Pediatric Nutrition (CSP) offered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration RD Nutrition Consultants, LLC is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Consulting firm that provides Dietitians to health care facilities throughout the United States. Our consultants enjoy competitive wages and flexible work schedules.