Position: NICU Registered Nurse-DAY/NIGHT
Sub Specialty(s): NICU / Neonatal ICU
Number of Weeks: 13
*MUST HAVE PA LICENSE AND BE WILLING TO GET FBI LIVE SCAN AT LEAST 10 DAYS IN ADVANCE BEFORE INTERVIEWING
- Traveler needed for a 41 bed NICU.
- Nurse to patient ratio-1:1, 1:2, 1:3, 1:4 (depending on acuity) Assignments are evaluated every 4 hours and as needed.
- We are as Open Unit not private rooms, we have PODS, 4-6 beds per pod.
- It is essential that our Travellers be able to: Care for stable infants working on maintaining their temperature, oral feeding skills and NGT feedings.
- Transport infants for swallowing studies, fluoroscopy and MRI Care for infants on various respiratory support; Oscillator, JET, conventional, CPAP and SiPap.
- The nurse plays a major role in multi-disciplinary rounds done everyday and evening.
- There are Attending s, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Residents, available on the unit at all times, as well as Respiratory Therapists.
- We need someone who is able to make quick decisions on their feet, someone who is detail oriented, but able to see the bigger picture, a critical thinker.
- Someone who is eager and enthusiastic about work, someone who has integrity, and is able to self-report mistakes or errors without fear of being reprimanded.
- This is an extremely fast paced environment, at times, so we need someone with strong assessment and clinical skills.
- Our Team comprises a Nurse Manager, 4 Team Coordinators, Clinical Nurse Educator, Apnea Nurse Specialist,
- Our Level IV NICU at Geisingers Janet Weis Childrens Hospital in Danville provides the highest possible level of neonatal medical and surgical intensive care for premature infants.
- Our compassionate staff use the most advanced technology to treat infants.
- We provide care in an array of sub-specialty areas, including:
- Otolaryngology or ear, nose and throat
- Plastic surgery
EMR Used: EPIC
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Certification: BLS/BCLS NRP
State License Details: Must Be Currently Active Minimum Years of Experience: Less than 1 year