Network Management Systems Engineer
Scottsdale, AZ 85257
This is a Onsite 6 Month Contract - NO C2C.
Must be a US Citizen.
Requires a bachelor s degree in Systems Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field. Also requires 8+ years of job-related experience, or a masters degree plus 6 years of job-related experience. Agile experience preferred.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Applicants selected may be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities,U.S. citizenship is required.
The client is currently seeking a Network Management Systems Engineer in our Scottsdale, AZ location.
Responsibilities for this Position
The client has an immediate opening for a MUOS System Engineer with an emphasis on Network Management related products. This is a System Engineering position with responsibility to oversee and drive the technical direction of a set of subsystems, providing an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation s core defense/intelligence services and systems.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Provide system engineering of the technical content, design, and execution of Network Management related products and subsystems.
- Perform customer requirements analysis, develop system requirements, and define functional allocations to lower levels (subsystem, elements and components)
- Perform functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, detailed trade studies, systems integration, verification and validation test planning, and interface definition studies of the system, subsystem or system elements with minimal supervision of the lead systems engineer.
- Support technical planning, cost and risk analyses, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for subsystems and system elements.
- Synthesize solutions to meet customer expectations and technical performance while staying within schedule and cost constraints.
- Lead the use of Modeling and Simulation activities among the teams.
- Provide technical design leadership and/or direction to lower-level employees.
- Working with development managers, support product development prioritization decisions appropriately in line with the feature backlog and customer need
- Contribute to Network Management solution evolution with other senior system engineers and architects.
- Help teams resolve technical issues that are causing schedule bottlenecks, and support development team technical issue resolution.
- Provide engineering support to proposals and/or involve team members as appropriate.
- Exercise latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments.
- Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Possess wide-ranging experience in the system engineering/development V-model , use professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong background in communication system management of some or all of: Faults / Configuration / Accounting / Performance / Security (FCAPS), including cyber requirements and impacts.
- Experience with design and configuration of tools and products to manage data centers or cellular network infrastructure.
- Experience with design and configuration of tools for network situational awareness, security/intrusion management, performance management, AAA and Domain management
- Excellent use and understanding of systems engineering concepts, principles, and theories.
- Excellent knowledge of other related data network and/or voice network disciplines
- Proficiency with requirements management & system modeling tools
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to get buy-in on concepts and ideas.
- Creative thinker
- Ability to multi-task
- Effective in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions with both internal teams and customers.
- Excellent ability to clearly document and report information relevant to sound systems engineering design.
1. Do you have a bachelor s degree in Systems Engineering, or a related Science, Engineering or Mathematics field.
2. Do you have 8+ years of job-related experience, or a masters degree plus 6 years of job-related experience.
3. Do you haveAgile experience (preferred)
4. Do you have a strong background in communication system management of some or all: Faults / Configuration / Accounting / Performance / Security (FCAPS), including cyber requirements and impacts.
5. Do you have experience with design and configuration of tools and products to manage data centers or cellular network infrastructure.
6. Do you have experience with design and configuration of tools for network situational awareness, security/intrusion management, performance management, AAA, and Domain management.
7. Do you have excellent knowledge of other related data network and/or voice network disciplines.
8. Do you have proficiency with requirements management & system modeling tools.
9. Do you have excellent ability to clearly document and report information relevant to sound systems engineering design.
10. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
1. Do you have minimum of 12 years of experience with a bachelor\'s degree, or 8 years of experience with a master s degree, in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Information Systems, or related field. 2. Do you have minimum 12 years of progressive work experience in technical capacity with a Top-Level Domain (TLD) registry or domain name registrar. 3. Do you have broad knowledge and experience in Domain Name System (DNS), DNS Security Extensions (DNSSEC), Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP), WHOIS, Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP), and Data Escrow standards. 4. Do you have experience in Software development. Agile development knowledge desired. 5. Do you have demonstrated ability in at least one high-level programming language (e.g., Perl, Python, Java). 6. Do you have excellent skills as power user of Unix systems. 7. Do you have experience using XLM and JSON. 8. Do you have ideally, experience with Internationalized Domain Names for Applications (IDNA). 9. Do you have network routing (BGP) knowledge desired. 10. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.