As a Sheet Metal Mechanical Design engineer, you d be thinking, what is there out there right now, that can really get my teeth into.
And I would say, this A High Precision sheet metal company, that also works within composites and flexible materials, Who are working with a wide range of industries from machine tools, Nuclear, medical devices and material handling. They re expanding their team!
They are seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer, who has worked within the Sheet metal design world for a number of years. And is used to working in an SME manufacturer.
In this role, you d be supporting the Engineering Manager in steel, factored and flex products by,
- Evaluate customer requirements from initial enquiry, deliver the designs for manufacture and making sure it meets the Customers spec!
- Consultative engineer, offering solutions to problems, alternative design ideas, and recommendations.
- The obvious! Creation of detailed drawings for manufacture and assembly have sound knowledge of welding principals and geometric tolerancing.
- Determine products BOM and maintain within the Companies ERP system liaising with purchasing.
- Making sure you can get your designs within the project timeframes and hit all legislative guidelines around health & safety and the environment.
- Provide hands-on support and guidance during the introduction of both new and current products in manufacturing.
- Design reviews are undertaken, lessons learned captured, documented, and communicated both internally and externally.
- Support both internal and external customers through good communication and technical data.
- Customer relationships are built and maintained to ensure future business.
- Maintain and improve departmental procedures and processes as required.
KEY SKILLS/Qualifications we are seeking.
- Competence in problem solving, planning and decision making
- Solid Works / Sheet Metal Design / PDM
- Knowledge of metal fabrication, fabrics and plastics
- Understanding and ability to work in an SME
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing
- Knowledge of LVD and Amada Press brake software
- Product costing knowledge
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the business.
- Degree in engineering related discipline OR HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering
f you fancy hearing more before applying, feel free to reach out to me, Mark Hopkins on 0 (leave a message if i don t answer)
KEY SKILLS/Qualifications we are seeking. Competence in problem solving, planning and decision making Solid Works / Sheet Metal Design / PDM Knowledge of metal fabrication, fabrics and plastics Understanding and ability to work in an SME Knowledge of Lean manufacturing Knowledge of LVD and Amada Press brake software Product costing knowledge Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the business. Degree in engineering related discipline OR HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering