This is a remote position.
Classification: Exempt, Full time
Reports to CEO
Salary: $45,000-$55,000 Annually, set to grow with the company
HR Generalist Job Description
Do you love building strong HR from the ground up? Are you excited about the HR process? Do you have a passion for small business? So do we!
CYB Human Resources provides Certified HR Professionals to growing businesses, allowing them to have a Certified-HR Professional on their side, without having to hire in-house.
CYB Human Resources is looking for an HR Generalist to join our team of HR Professionals. The HR Generalist uses their working knowledge of the client's businesses to provide guidance in HR workforce planning support and guidance to business owners and the management team.
You will provide human resources consultation and support to multiple designated business clients. Clients range in size from 10-100 EEs, multiple industries, across the US. Being a CYB HR Generalist utilizes knowledge of various human resources functions to provide tactical support to the client on regular meetings. Analyzes trends and develops workforce plans to resolve issues and make a positive impact on business results. In addition, CYB's HR Generalists acts as liaison with other HR functions. Must be comfortable with all HR laws and meeting with clients face-to-face, providing guidance and training.
This position requires completion of 3 months minimum of in-house training to ensure complete understanding of all CYB SOP's and protocols prior to meeting with clients face-to-face. You bring the experience, we will help you hone it!
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conducts regular meetings with up to 18 CYB Human Resources cilents' on a weekly, biweekly or bimonthly basis.
- Participate in meetings with BD team to meet clients they will be working with and prep back end documents assuming engagement.
- Coordinating onboarding of new clients
- Communicate directly with clients and clients' employees regarding urgent HR emergencies such as harassment claims and questions about policies.
- Manage all HR Hotline calls for Clients, following SOP for receipt, management and followup of all issues.
- Manages one dedicated HR Assistant/Apprentice, delegating work to ensure all back end client work is completed and on schedule.
- Completes and finalizes any client work for presentation to client.
- Performing audits, reviewing job descriptions, handbooks, organizational charts,etc. for clients.
- Creates/updates Job Descriptions, Employee Handbooks
- Assists Clients with maintenance of personnel records, interviewing, hiring, orientations, unemployment claims, salary reviews, etc.
- Prepares for and supports clients with unemployment claims, EEOC charges, etc.
- Train C-Suite executives and company managers/employees to complete new processes within the company, including but not limited to hiring processes, workplace injuries procedures, and corrective discipline up to termination.
- Remain up to date on and conduct research regarding HR laws and rulings.
- Provides administrative support to Management
- Follows all SOPs necessary for the job, example (CRM, Etiquette, etc.)
- Assists with inputting clientele s information into the system, assembles highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine Human Resourcequestions with assistance from owner.
- Answers phones, organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information,responds to Client s emails and calls accurately and in a timely manner according to company SOPs.
- Develops new and maintains ongoing relationships with all clientele ensuring minimal turnover and increases client retention.
- Maintains filing system currently in place.
- Assists ownership with build out of current processes and procedures to assist with scaling CYB. Document all internal operating procedures and consult on business decisions.
- Handles other special projects as requested by management. Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects,
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Creative and Out-of-the-box Strategist
- Highly Organized
- High level of multi-tasking ability
- Technical Capacity
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- High-level of Customer Service
- Highly organized
- Ability to make rapid decisions and problem solve.
- Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload
- Ability to learn new skills
This position supervises a dedicated HR Apprentice/HR Assistant.
Minimal travel expected, position is remote.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This job operates in a clerical, remote, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, electronic filing cabinets and remote fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds and to bend and stand as necessary.
Required Education and Experience
- High level of organizational skills
- Minimum of 3 years of HR infrastructure build out Experience
- In the process of, or prepared to sit for the SHRM certification exam (PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP)
- Experience coordinating and consulting with C-suite
- High level of comfortability with public speaking/interacting with clientele on Zoom/calls/texts
- Experience with directing and delegation of work
- Experience training teams
- Experience with Power point, Outlook, Office 365 tools
- Experience with Job Descriptions, Employee Handbooks, Sexual Harassment Trainings, Maintenance of Personnel records, interviewing, hiring, terminations, orientations, unemployment claims, salary reviews, etc.
- Interested in growing in the HR field
- Proficient in the following: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Google Documents, Power point
- Proper Meeting, Email, and Phone etiquette.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or higher.
- Minimum of 6 months of management experience.
- More than 3 years HR Experience
- 1+ years experience managing and delegating work.
- General understanding of sales processes.
- Experience with ZOHO
- Experience working with multiple clients.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Employee must be authorized to work in the United States and must possess a valid driver s license.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.