The Financial Fitness Coach represents the Credit Union as an expert in financial matters by providing comprehensive financial coaching services to its members and local community. The Financial Fitness Coach will identify and work with prospective clients; identify their needs by analyzing their present income, asset and debt situation; recommend appropriate financial solutions; and help clients to take actions based upon the developed financial plan.
Supervisory responsibilities (reporting structure):
The incumbent reports directly to the Manager, Financial Fitness & Coaching. There are no direct reports to this position.
NATURE & SCOPE: (daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly tasks, duties and responsibilities):
- Provides professional and confidential financial counseling to members or clients by identifying their needs and analyzing their present income and asset situation. Recommends appropriate financial solutions and assists client to take actions based upon the developed financial plan.
- Reviews and analyzes complex data such as income financial statements, assets, cash flow, investments, and debt ratios. Ability to forecast and provide data analysis for clients and members.
- Provides guidance regarding money management and budgeting. Reviews financial hardship situations and evaluates for possible loan restructure and/or extension, including work out loans
- Empathizes and works as the members advocate and finds solutions while maintaining the borrowers dignity.
- Contacts high risk borrowers, discusses situations, and offers solutions that are beneficial to both the borrower and the credit union.
- Generates and works with high-risk borrower reports, including new delinquency, first payment, default, first time buyer/starter Visa delinquency, and real estate delinquency reports.
- Works with Member Service Center and Real Estate Lending to facilitate loan refinances, loan extensions, and work out loans.
- Presents ongoing seminars and in videos relating to money management, credit building/repair, and remedial budgeting to members, businesses, and people in our community.
- Identifies, investigates, and responds to requests for information from management regarding Credit Unions financial coaching program.
- Creates, manipulates, and maintains spreadsheets related to financial fitness.
- Meets with branches and internal departments to ensure knowledge of program and its benefits to both members and the credit union.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education, skills, & abilities (qualifications and experience required for this position):
The Eight Superpowers
- Provides leadership through modeling of behaviors and bringing forward new ideas and new ways of doing things.
- Demonstrates empathy, self-reflection, and adjustment of own behaviors, showing effective emotional intelligence.
- Practices active listening in communications with others, giving someone full attention and listening to understand, not just respond.
- Demonstrates grit, persisting in application of knowledge, skills, and behaviors to achieve goals and address obstacles.
- Models intrinsic motivation; is self-driven to meet or exceed objectives, timelines, and quality measures while building and sustaining effective relationships.
- Applies creative problem-solving to provide clarity, handle resources under ones control, and address stressful situations; finds ways to meet individual, team, and member goals, by navigating through barriers.
- Shares a diverse set of perspectives, work and life experiences, as well as religious and cultural differences. Actively seeks out differences in values, ideas, and priorities. Respects and value the differences of others, including but not limited to: national origin, language, race, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and family structures. Believes a diverse workplace is essential to the companys success.
- Values and shows appreciating for the unique qualities and experiences of each person-inclusion; appreciates and effectively utilizes the talents and skills of others to achieve objectives; is open to the perspective of others; and encourages collaboration, flexibility and fairness. Makes each employee feel valued and supported for their unique qualities.
Other Education, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelors degree in Financial Planning, Business, Finance or relevant experience preferred. Must have a minimum of 5 years of financial coaching or related financial and/or credit management experience.
- Ability to effectively counsel clients and members on personal financial matters in a professional, courteous, and confidential manner.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from members, clients, groups of managers, customers, and the general public, both face-to-face and over the telephone.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must have the ability to operate the following equipment: telephone, PC and printer, copy machine, and fax machine.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook) is required. Must have working knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing and database software programs.
- Ability to appear for work on time, follow direction from a manager, interact effectively with co-workers, understand and follow policies and procedures, and accept constructive criticism.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills in English and Spanish
- Valid California drivers license.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES (major responsibilities of the position):
- Provide financial coaching services to members, clients, and local community.
- Provide ongoing seminars relating to money management, credit building/repair, and remedial budgeting to members, businesses, and people in our community.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (sitting, walking, climbing, lifting, etc.)
- Excellent ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing; ability to tolerate periods of continuous sitting. Occasional travel may be required.
- Ability to operate a vehicle as travel may be required.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS (indoors, outdoors, desk, etc.)
- Work is primarily performed within an enclosed office setting. Subject to standard background noise found in an office environment. When performing work outside the facility or during travel time, subject to variable weather and traffic conditions.
Note: Staff is expected to perform various tasks, projects, and administrative duties as assigned.
Management reserves the right to assign or change duties and tasks to this position at their discretion.
$64,480.00 (min) - $89,012.15 (max)
Remote Work :