We are America's largest local Ambulance company!!
JOIN OUR TEAM TODAY and use your skills to help patients in your community!
Reports To: Field Supervisor Department: Operations Location: San Diego, CA FLSA Status: Non-ExemptShift: Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
** Internal applicants must only apply through OKTA on the internal company portal.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls and delivers high quality patient care and customer service within the prescribed scope of practice, established protocols and company policies. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols, response requirements and quality assurance procedures in system in which assigned.
- Maintains awareness of any and all changes in the system components and company policy.
- Maintains the level and type of certification(s) consistent with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
- Complies with all state and company requirements for operation of motor vehicle.
- Operates a company vehicle in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
- Develops ability to quickly and safely locate addresses through knowledge of number systems and street layouts.
- Ensures that unit remains in a state of readiness in terms of mechanical reliability, medical supply and equipment, cleanliness and appearance standards.
- Reports immediately to the Lead Paramedic any discrepancies in vehicle or equipment standards that could compromise the units ability to complete a call.
- Completes all appropriate documentation as outlined in company policy.
- Reports all problems and unusual occurrences immediately to the Lead Paramedic or Supervisor.
- Maintains a professional appearance by adhering to hygiene and uniforms standards.
- Attends all mandatory in-services.
- Other Duties as defined on the job description.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Ca Drivers License
- Ambulance Drivers License (from DMV)
- Medical Examiners Certificate
- State of California EMT License
- EMT certificate (San Diego County Card)
- CPR Card (American Heart Association only)
- Driving Record in compliance with AMR's Safety & Driving policy (proof required if conditional employment offer is made).
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which includes supporting veterans and providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with a disability.
Company Benefits: Check out our careers site benefits page to learn more about our benefit options.
$16.61 - $18.31 DOE (This rate applies to 12 hour shifts and average 49 hours per week)
*This position is bonus eligible.
Remote Work :