Director 3 - Facilities Operations
Orangeburg, SC 29115
Are you being an innovativeFacilities DirectorwithHBCU (Historically Black College and University)experience, and want high visibility, challenging opportunities and a rewarding environment? The client seeks an innovative Director of Facilities Operations to support the integrated facilities operations at Claflin College, in Orangeburg, SC. Our successful candidate will have higher education experience at a Historically Black College and University with construction experience in a university setting. This role is eligible to earn the annual bonus and RELOCATION ASSISTANCE is available for candidates who live more than 50 miles from campus.
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Facilities Director with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
Our successful candidate will provide strong strategic senior level Facilities Operations leadership while working with the clients on all matters relating to contract and account operations to establish and maintain a solid and mutually beneficial business relationship. Day to day Facilities account responsibilities will include providing overall planning, strategic innovation and implementation, achieving operations and financial goals, establishing and maintaining effective customer/client rapport, and providing direction and guidance to the Facilities team of managers and employees. IFM operations include Maintenance, HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, repair, Project Mgt, Environmental Services, Grounds and Landscaping.
AsDirector of Facilities Operationsat Claflin, you will:
- Have higher education experience at a Historically Black College and University required
- Have construction experience in a University setting required
- Develop and maintain an integrated, strategically aligned facilities organization demonstrating and supporting a commitment to client services
- Provide senior level direction for all major Facilities projects
- Direct the daily operations of all areas of the Facilities Management Department and ensure that all work supports and is consistent with institutional standards
- Lead initiatives to standardize the operations, maintenance, renovation and construction of campus buildings. Manage implementation of the Universitys Master Plan
- Manage operating expenses, construction projects, major renewal and replacement projects and secure funding as appropriate
- Provide strategic leadership by aligning Facilities Management s performance and its mission statement with the College s culture, expectations, and long-range plans
- Obtain bids for projects and continually evaluate vendor pricing and services to ensure quality of work and savings for the college.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- 5+ years previous director experience in facilities management in a large, complex Historically Black College and University required
- BS in Engineering or other related field preferred
- Knowledge of a wide range of trades and disciplines, including Energy management
- Proven success providing innovative, out of the box strategies to complex issues
- Excellent leadership skills, and willing to train and mentor staff
The Director of Facilities Operations is responsible for directing facilities maintenance operations of building(s) and property at a single unit. The Director of Facilities Operations manages the preventative maintenance and reactive repair of skilled trades, e.g., HVAC, plumbing, electrical, utilities; and manages the hiring, training and supervision of staff, professionals and management. The Director of Facilities Operations manages a safe and efficient working environment, essential to the performance of the business. The Director may oversee construction work and often manages other core their services, and/or logistics of business/operations services, e.g., grounds keeping, laundry, food, security, inventory, mail, concierge services.