Application Security Consultant - Tampa
Tampa, FL 33603/ Jersey City, NJ 07310 - Local candidates from Jersey City or Tampa only.
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
Candidateshired for this role will be required to start full onsite following hybrid work option, 3 days in office. Local candidates from Jersey City or Tampa only.
Due to a recent increase in misrepresentation during the interview process, The client has implemented a new policy that requires a candidate s headshot on the front page of the resume to be considered.
This is a 6 Month Contract - NO C2C - NO Exception
This role is CTH.
Why youll love this job:
Being a member of the Application Security team, you will be part of the Technology Risk initiative to support offensive security assessments on applications and provide SME guidance to key projects.
The Application Offensive Security Consultant is responsible for managing, providing technical direction, and performing security assessment on applications. The person in this role should possess good understanding of application security testing, red team / adversarial engagements, and penetration testing and related development expertise to guide project initiatives to ensure security best practices are being used.
Your Primary Responsibilities:
- Perform Offensive Application Testing against applications and APIs.
- Perform application threat hunting to evaluate risk to applications.
- Coordinate with application development teams to collect the application details.
- Provide the vulnerability information in the predefined report format after performing the testing using manual methodology and tools
- Provide assistance to the developers and business teams in detailing the vulnerabilities reported along with the recommendations for remediation
- Align risk and control processes into day-to-day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
- Generate reports on assessment findings and summarizes to facilitate remediation, document technical issues identified during security assessments
- Perform threat modeling, design, and code views to assess security implications and requirements
- Be a subject matter expert and respond to any security engineering questions/ requests related to Application Defense enhancements
- Research and implement tools and techniques to secure and continuously monitor the applications
- Collaborate with Security Architects, Product Manager, Risk Managers, and other teams to deliver high quality product.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key partners at varying organizational levels
1. Do you have a Bachelors degree (Desirable)
2. Do you have a broad and deep understanding of security threats, vulnerabilities, risks associated with nature of applications and APIs
3. Do you have experience testing Docker, Kubernetes and other container orchestration solutions.
4. Do you have the ability to explain vulnerabilities and weaknesses in OWASP Top 10 and SANS Top 25 to any audience and discuss effective defensive techniques
5. Do you have the understanding of Authentication, Authorization mechanism programmatically across different web technologies and protocols (SSL/TLS, REST, OAuth, SAML etc.)
6. Do you have experience in facilitating technical conversations between engineering and operations
7. Do you have minimum of 3 years of experience in App Pentest tools such as Burp Suite or Net Web Inspect
8. Do you have certifcation in OSCP or GWAPT
9. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
1. Do you have a minimum of 6 years of related experience 2. Do you have a Bachelor\'s degree preferred with Masters or equivalent experience. 3. Do you have a previous internal or external audit experience is helpful, but not required. Previous job experience for Auditors can and should vary greatly to meet the department s goal of having a team with diverse perspectives and work experiences. 4. Do you have a Beneficial, but not required, are certifications related to the incumbent s coverage responsibilities, such as Certified Public Accountant, Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Financial Analyst, or Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist. 5. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.