Role Specification / Overview
The Senior Accountant will provide a key support function to the Chief Financial Officer in the commercial management of the company’s real estate portfolio and in the carrying out of day to day financial tasks.
The Senior Accountant will be an active member of the Finance Team supporting the internal processing of sales and leasing activities of company owned real estate assets including liaison with buyers, tenants, appointed consultants and lending institutions.
Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the Senior Accountant will further support the management of company and subsidiary financial accounts and reports to enhance the function and services provided by the Real Estate and Financial department.
Role and Responsibilities
• To manage existing and new buyer and tenant relationships with ABG in relation to their dealings with the Company, and company owned real estate assets
• Support the CFO in communicating with appointed consultants, contractors and other real estate project-related stakeholders
• Ensure all Real Estate project related commercial information is up to date and available internally and externally
• Generally provide accounting support as required by the CFO
• Positively support in the development of internal and external relationships with the department
• Provide specific administrative, financial and commercial support to assigned projects as directed by the General Manager
• Promote and foster a strong team culture and positive communication within the Real Estate and Finance Team and throughout the wider business
• Ensure the company's quality standards are met and enhanced
• Understand the scope of service of the Department and actively support the CFO to ensure that associated objectives and deliverables are completed in a professional manner that meets the expectations of the Company and professional industry standards.
Real Estate Projects
• Manage all leasing and purchase transactions as provided by appointed consultants
• Liaise positively with all appointed real estate consultants and contractors in the management of company held real estate assets
• Support the maintenance of accurate records of the occupancy and commercial (income) status of all real estate assets
• Support the calculation and processing of liquidated damages, interest charges, settlements, service charges and other related financial matters as required by the CFO
• Generally support the sales, leasing and marketing activities related to real estate projects
• Support the assessment of financial performance and financial reporting related to real estate projects
• Support the management and upkeep of internal company accounts for real estate projects including the generation of reports for lending institutions