Model and encourage a culture of kindness in support of the GEMS/GWA core values and uphold the mission and ethos of the Academy as a non-selective, international and academically successful school through the lens of the International Baccalaureate Organisation
Develop inquiring, reflective and caring learners who, through the rigour of the IB programmes, have the knowledge, skills and character to take action and create a better, more peaceful world
The IT Manager will provide the Academy with a comprehensive service that delivers outstanding IT provision and commercially focused IT solutions that support the Academy in the delivery of its strategic objectives.
The IT Manager will contribute significantly to the achievement of the vision, mission, ethos and business objectives of the Academy through the development and implementation of IT platforms, policies and procedures. They will be responsible for and have oversight of the strategic development of the Information systems within the Academy including:
• ICT and Wireless networks
• iSAMS and all other Academy platforms
• Library and financial systems
• Telecommunication systems
• Cashless catering
• CCTV and electronic security systems
• Identity card systems
• To advise the leadership team and other senior support staff on policy and strategy in these areas
• To define and manage the Academy's ICT support service
• To implement and monitor procedures and protocols to ensure stability and security of all systems
• To provide an efficient and effective service for students and staff
• To provide a friendly, dynamic and supportive atmosphere where students, staff and adult users will not be afraid to ask questions or come back to learn more.
GEMS Education, founded as Global Education Management Systems, is an international education company.