Due to internal promotion, we are now recruiting a Deputy Head of Primary to join the team from September 2021. The post holder will be responsible for supporting the schools Vision and Mission as well as all policies, academic standards and pastoral support in the Primary school.
The successful applicant will deputise for the Head of Primary as required and assist in shaping & implementing the educational strategy for the school.
Key responsibilities include supporting the Head of Primary with :
• Embracing and encouraging the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS Core Values.
• Ensuring high academic standards in the Primary school in relation to the schools own desire for all students to be the best they can as well as a commitment to the UAE National Agenda targets.
• Managing budgets and undertake teaching and other professional duties as reasonably delegated by the Principal.
• Leading the Primary team –including performance management.
To be considered for this role, candidates must be:
• An effective and dynamic leader with a proven track record in sustained school improvement that can be demonstrated through hard data.
• Rigorous in promoting excellence and developing commitment to high standards of care and opportunities for all.
• Able to demonstrate successful experience of leading and managing staff and promoting and developing innovative approaches to learning
• Experienced in developing teacher’s skills and competencies through a sustained school improvement model such as coaching.
• Able to demonstrate a comprehensive and confident knowledge of best practice pedagogy.
• Able to demonstrate a desire to be innovative and creative in the provision offered for GFM learners to ensure all can succeed.
• Able to demonstrate a commitment to inclusion
• Able to demonstrate genuine passion towards the wider co-curricular life of a school.