Manager, Data and Analytics (Education) plays a crucial role in developing our analytical capabilities and insight delivery within GEMS Corporate Office (GCO). Providing vital support to their line manager and leading many aspects of the teams work, the role requires a mixture of attributes, which include technical skills with the ability to deliver insightful analysis, personal skills to inform, guide and train colleagues and the ability to cover a wide range of assignments.
The role focusses on the review and implementation of data and insight products and the development on analytical solutions with a particular focus on education, assessment and wider school data to provide for longitudinal, comprehensive, accurate, discerning and meaningful data analysis and reporting to management in the organization.
• To manage the planning, development and implementation of internal and external datasets to ensuring adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data to enable the production of analysis and reports.
• To develop tools to support the analysis of data and inform strategic decision making within GEMS.
• To produce research and analysis using internal and external data to facilitate and inform the production of a variety of reports highlighting trends and issues, generating insight to identify what our data is telling us, what this means for the organisation and how to improve the performance of our schools.
• To support their line manager in researching and evaluating new data analysis software solutions, assess their potential value to the organization.
• Provide guidance and support to school leaders in their collection, reporting and use of data in relation to best practice around appropriate tools and software to support their needs in delivering insight, impact and areas for improvement.
• Embrace and encourage the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS Core Values.
• To work across SSC departments to improve the impact of our analytics and increase the value of our data.
• Research, review, quality assure and when agreed implement systems, processes and tools for benchmarking and analysing data across schools and internationally to ensure the organization keeps at the forefront of educational excellence.
• Manage ad hoc projects, monitoring and reviewing progress against agreed milestones and deadlines, reviewing risks and, address and escalating issues when required.
• To keep up to date with research and changes in frameworks so that work is informed by the latest findings and information.
• To work closely with colleagues across GEMS to ensure that work is joined-up and focused on organisational priorities.
• Liaise and collaborate with internal expert advisors, other GCO department representatives, and external developers and stakeholders.
GEMS Education, founded as Global Education Management Systems, is an international education company.